About Lincoln FFA
The Lincoln FFA Chapter was founded in 1955 with Mr. Lester McCabe as the first advisor. Throughout our history we have had numerous teams and members as individuals compete in various Career Development Events where they were very successful; this includes a member of ours by the name of Jennie Jones who was elected for Regional Sweetheart in 1968, our Small Engine team from 1986 who finished second at the state level, and last but not least, our Horse Judging team who placed first in the Superior Region at Fresno State in 1988. Another important part of our Chapter’s legacy is the Lincoln High School farm which was started in 1974 when our school acquired 280 acres as surplus property from McClellan Air Force Base. Here we have the welding and fabrication shop that was built in 1984, the hay barn that was built in 1998 along with the classrooms that were built so that more of the agriculture education classes at Lincoln High School could be taught at the farm. In 2006 an additional 125 acres were donated to the school by Wildlands Inc. making the Lincoln High School Farm at a total of 405 acres, the largest high school farm to the west of the Mississippi river. As of June of 2016, Mariner Ranch donated 535 acres to the Lincoln High School Farm, which will increase the amount of mitigated land students have access to for their environmental studies. In Spring of 2017, the Lincoln high school got a new welding shop put in along with some other major renovations. This opened up for the previous welding shop to be primarily a maintenance shop for farm equipment.
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agriculture education.
Learning to Do
Doing to Learn
Earning to Live
Living to Serve
Lincoln FFA 21/22 Chapter Theme
Reconnect, Rebuild, Reunite